Thursday, March 21, 2013

Smart Snacks in Schools


USDA seeking public comments on new "smart snacks in school" program


As my daughter, Tallulah gets closer to starting preschool, I find myself already thinking about snacks or foods she may be offered. I am amazed at some of the "healthy snacks" that are marketed towards kids and parents. Since I used to work for a natural foods company that was owned by a mainstream food company, I often saw some of the ridiculous snacks that were being created for kids as "healthy".
It seems there is always a fight to get better foods in schools. It is a huge problem that schools are offering things like soda and vending machines. 

Check this out and send them your thoughts. You can make a difference with your voice.


USDA seeking public comments on new "smart snacks in school" program

No comments:

Post a Comment