Thursday, February 9, 2012

My Top Items to Have on Hand for a Sick Baby or Toddler

When you are sick as an adult, it is easy to get in the car and go pick up cough medicine etc. but when you have a sick child, you want to have everything you might need right at your fingertips.  Here are my favorite things to have on hand because they really do help when your little one gets sick. Remember, I am not a doctor, just a natural mama.  Always consult your pediatrician before giving your child any medicines.

Tylenol and Ibuprofen
Yes, I know these are not natural but you will learn quickly, that being a natural parent often requires the acceptance of traditional medicines.  There is no denying that if your child has a fever that Tylenol and Ibuprofen can bring it down fast.

Old Indian Syrup for Kids
This stuff is great for kids and adults.  It really helps break up the mucus when they have a yucky cough.  I use the one by Plantery Herbals.

Honey
Great for a cough but not for children under 1.  They should not have honey.

Hyland's C Plus Cold Tablets
 These are nice because you can give them to children under 2.  Many homeopathic medicines are for 2 and up so these are great.

Coldcalm by Borion
 We use the adult version of Coldcalm for ourselves and it is amazing.  You cannot use it until children are 3 years of age but I heard it works wonders.

Nosefrida Nasal Aspirator
 This is so much better then the bulb aspirator.

Saline Nasal Spray
A must have for sticky booger noses.

Bach Flower Remedy
Again, another great item for adults as well as children for those stressful days.

Boiron Camilia Teething Relieff
 I love these because they are in a liquid form.

Gaia Kids Defense Herbal Drops
These are just nice to have if you are going to be traveling or think your child may be exposed to a lot of germs etc.  Just add a few drops to water.

I hope this list helps you out in preparation for your next sick days.  I just had my first round of a sick toddler so I was glad I discovered some of these items.  Remember, you can get most of these items on www.diapers.com and they will deliver next day if you spend $25.  I swear by it!

No comments:

Post a Comment