Thursday, April 21, 2011

Drinking soda is not for children!

Sometimes I get criticized by random people because I do not feed my baby meat or because I delay vaccinations, you would be amazed the things I hear from people.  However, many of these "parents" are feeding their children junk food and soda and at a young age!! Do they not realize how they are damaging their children's bodies?  One of my friends said he got an email the other day that stated that one in four toddlers are given soda to drink. None of us could believe this statistic but then it made me think back to last summer.  Last August, I was walking on the beach with my daughter and I saw a baby crawling on the beach, hanging out with his family.  Since, he was crawling, he was probably like 7 or 8 months.  He was happy and playing and then I saw his parents walk up to him and feed him some Cheetos.  I was shocked!! I then looked over at their blanket area and they had a huge 2 liter of soda as well.  It took everything in me to not walk over to them and grab the Cheetos out of their hands.  So the next time a parent wants to lecture you  about the choices you are making, maybe they should evaluate what they are given to their own children first.

No comments:

Post a Comment