Sunday, April 3, 2011

I love this!! A support group for women who have had a Cesarean and hope for a VBAC.


Celebrate your choices.  As I look to the future and think about my next birth, I hope to have a VBAC.  Birth stories are always important to celebrate, no matter what type of birth you had.  My wonderful doula, Linda Goldsmith, sent me invitation the other day for a coffee event put on by ICAN.  ICAN (International Cesarean Awareness Network) is a non-profit, volunteer-run group working to improve maternal-child health by preventing unnecessary cesareans through education, providing support for cesarean recovery, and promoting Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC). I thought it was wonderful that there was a group of women out there that were helping women celebrate and share their cesarean births and also get information about VBACs.  If you have a few minutes of time today, take a moment and share your birth story with your baby or child.  I believe they can remember the experience and would love to hear about it.

http://www.ican-online.org

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to see you spreading the word about ICAN! Millions and millions of women have c-sections every year in America (33% of all births), but most women are not happy with their surgical birth. Some were necessary surgeries that saved mom or baby's life. Most were not necessary surgeries and they actually caused much trauma to mom and baby. It's empowering for women to find out their TRUE birth story. ICAN can help.

    ReplyDelete